Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spinach Casserole

I am feeling nostalgic for my childhood. This was a 70's Sunday dinner staple at my house growing up. The menu rarely varied -- roast, rice and gravy, salad, and spinach casserole. I rarely make it now because my family does not like spinach that much. Nowadays, people would consider this a dip. But we always used it as a side dish.

4 cans of spinach - drained as much as possible (do not use frozen with this recipe)
2 packages of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 can of artichoke hearts in water - drained
Italian breadcrumbs to top

Melt butter and cream cheese together. Add drained spinach and artichoke hearts. Pour in a casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees until hot and ubbly.

1 comment:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Mmmmmmm. That would be so yummy with pita chips. Will you make it for our next family gathering?